Forumindex www.skoter.se
Skoterns Mecka när det gäller att prata om skotrar

Vanliga frågorVanliga frågor   SökSök     AnvändargrupperAnvändargrupper   Bli medlemBli medlem 
 ProfilProfil   Logga in för att läsa dina meddelandenLogga in för att läsa dina meddelanden   Logga inLogga in 

hurting on defence with veteran Josh Gorges

Skapa nytt ämne   Svara på ämnet    Forumindex -> Allmänt
Föregående ämne :: Nästa ämne  
Författare Meddelande
ruogu1234

Registreringsdatum: 05 december 2019

InläggPostat: tis jan 14, 2020 5:11    Rubrik: hurting on defence with veteran Josh Gorges Svara med citat

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- The Los Angeles Angels powered their way to a victory. Mike Trout and Josh Hamilton homered to help the Angels beat the Tampa Bay Rays 5-3 on Friday night Trout hit his 25th homer of the season, a two-run shot off Jeremy Hellickson (0-1) during a three-run first that put the Angels up 3-0. "Were getting our timing back," Trout said. "A good win tonight for sure." Los Angeles went ahead 4-1 on Hamiltons solo homer in the third. The slugger was hit by Jeff Beliveaus pitch in the seventh inning and has a bruised left middle finger. Angels manager Mike Scioscia said Hamiltons finger was a little sore and isnt sure if he will play Saturday. After Tampa Bay loaded the bases with no outs in the ninth against Huston Street, the closer got his fifth save since being acquired from San Diego on July 18 by striking out Desmond Jennings and Ben Zobrist, and getting Matt Joyce on a pop fly. Zobrist had a potential extra-base hit go foul down the right field line. "You know its a matter of time before he starts making pitches," Scioscia said. "Thats a tough group to go through. He got it done." This was the Rays first game since trading ace David Price to Detroit as part of a three-team deal Thursday. Tampa Bay received Tigers left-hander Drew Smyly and two minor leaguers. "There are no moral victories," Tampa Bay manager Joe Maddon said. "Thats a game we should not have permitted to get away." Albert Pujols tied Chipper Jones for 25th place on the career list with his 549th double in the first and scored on Erick Aybars single. Matt Shoemaker (9-3) allowed three runs and eight hits over five innings. Tampa Bay got within 4-3 in the fifth on Evan Longorias infield single. A second run scored on a throwing error by third baseman David Freese. Longoria was thrown out attempting to advance to second after colliding with first base umpire Larry Vanover. The Angels took a 5-3 lead on a sixth-inning run-scoring double by Chris Iannetta. Hellickson gave up four runs and six hits in 4 2/3 innings. The right-hander, coming back from right elbow surgery in January, has gone less than five innings in all three of his starts this season. Tampa Bays Cole Figueroa hit a second-inning sacrifice fly. TRAINERS ROOM Angels: Tyler Skaggs was placed on the 15-day disabled list with a left forearm strain. Scioscia says the left-hander might miss "a little bit of time." Rays: Right fielder Wil Myers, out since May 31 with a broken right wrist, took batting practice in an indoor cage for the first time. Catcher Ryan Hanigan, out with a strained left oblique, will join Single-A Charlotte on Saturday. ON DECK Angels: Left-hander C.J. Wilson (8-6) is scheduled to return from the disabled list to start Saturday night. He went on the DL July 10 with a sprained right ankle Rays: Right-hander Chris Archer (8-6) is looking Saturday night to extend a stretch of going six or more innings in 10 of 12 starts. LATE NIGHT The Angels arrived at their hotel just after 4 a.m. following a 1-0, 13-inning win Thursday night at Baltimore that took 4:33. Fridays game lasted 3:39. GUMBY MISSES OUT The Rays are giving away a Maddon "Mr. Potato Head" on Saturday. Maddon is hopeful that there will be another promotion featuring his favourite character "Gumby" in the future. LAST WORD "Everybody realizes its part of the gig. People get traded. Were definitely going to miss him." Joyce on the Price trade. Max Comtois Jersey . Both had to wait out a rain interruption lasting nearly five hours before taking comprehensive third-round victories to join Carling Bassett-Seguso (1983, 1986), Patricia Hy-Boulais (1996-97) and Daniel Nestor (1999) as Canadians who made it into the second week of a major. Stu Grimson Jersey . Goergl, the 2011 world champion, started 28th after the other top contenders had already gone down but had the fastest time at each interval. Goergl finished the demanding 3-kilometre Kaelberloch course in 1 minute, 47. https://www.cheapducks.com/1147c-sam-steel-jersey-ducks.html . Ted Ligety, Mikaela Shiffrin, Bode Miller and Tim Jitloff underlined the squads enormous potential on the Rettenbach glacier in Austria. Jari Kurri Jersey . A player confirmed to TSN on the condition of anonymity that he received his ballot yesterday. Another confirms hes been told to expect his shortly. "The unions executive committee insists a strike vote does not mean were pushing away from the table," the player said. "But we want the league to know were serious about our position. Ruslan Salei Jersey . According to a police report, Douglas is accused of grabbing his girlfriend by the neck and slamming her against the wall several times while he carried her from the elevator to their Hartford hotel room early Sunday morning.MONTREAL -- It wont take long for Thomas Vanek to get his first taste of the heated Montreal Canadiens-Boston Bruins rivalry. The 30-year-old acquired by Montreal at last weeks NHL trade deadline will play his first home game at the Bell Centre against the Bruins on Wednesday night. "Rivalries are for the fans," Vanek said Tuesday. "Theyre good for the league, but for us in here, and Im sure its the same as everywhere. Its just about winning the two points. "But Im sure the atmosphere will be great and I cant wait to experience it." Vanek has a reputation as a Bruins killer, with 61 points in 53 career games against Boston. So the acquisition of the high-scoring forward by Montreal gave an added jolt to the rivalry. But the Austrian winger said there are no secrets about how to score on the Bruins. "Numbers are numbers," he said. "Sometimes theyre overblown. "I dont prepare any different. Its just another game, really. Theyre a good team and youve got to be ready. The last four or five years, Boston has been one of the better teams in the league and you want to play your best against the best teams." The Canadiens are 2-0-0 against Boston this season and have won their last five meetings. But the Bruins (42-17-5) hold a comfortable 12-point lead over Montreal (35-24-7) in the Atlantic Division standings. Vanek was acquired while the Canadiens were on a four-game west coast road trip. So he didnt get in a full practice with his new team until it returned to Montreal. He was held without a point in his first two games with Montreal while playing on the second line with centre Tomas Plekanec and Brian Gionta. Some feel he would do better on a more attack-oriented unit, as Plekanec is considered the clubs top defensive centre even if he can also contribute offensively. "Weve got to be good in our own zone and Plekanec is very good in all zones," said Vanek. "He can make plays. Hes greaat in faceoffs, great defensively, but at the same time, were expected to produce.dddddddddddd "At least thats what Im expecting of myself." Coach Michel Therrien plans to keep the line together, at least for now. "It takes time for players to adapt to new teammates," said Therrien. "I want to be patient. I think that combination can work." Tuesdays session, which lasted more than an hour at the Bell Centre, saw goalie Carey Price take part in a full practice for the first time since leading Canada to gold at the 2014 Winter Olympics. Price aggravated a suspected groin injury in his first practice after the Sochi Games. Therrien said Price wont dress for the Boston game but will be re-evaluated at the end of the week. That opens the possibility of playing Saturday at home against Ottawa. Therrien also said Francis Bouillon, who has sat out the last seven games, will play. Montreal is hurting on defence with veteran Josh Gorges out at least four weeks with a fractured left hand. Gorges was hurt while blocking a shot during a 4-3 win over Toronto on March 1. He played the first two games of Montreals road trip but then was sent home to have his hand re-examined. Gorges said the original fracture was considered stable, so he could continue playing. But something happened during a win in Anaheim that made it unstable. "At that point, they felt it was best to get it fixed," he said. "Potentially, it might not have been able to heal at all so they decided to have it fixed now and have me back ready by the end of the year." He said playing through the injury was difficult, but possible. "I was able to do what I needed to contribute," he said. "Certain aspects were tough. "Grabbing my stick. Grabbing the puck if I needed to clear it on the penalty kill. But I was still able to make passes, receive passes. As long as I wasnt hurting the team, I was able to go." ' ' '
Till överst på sidan
Användarens profil Skicka personligt meddelande
Visa inlägg nyare än:   
Skapa nytt ämne   Svara på ämnet    Forumindex -> Allmänt Alla tider är GMT + 2 timmar (svensk sommartid)
Sida 1 av 1

Hoppa till:  
Du kan inte skapa nya inlägg i det här forumet
Du kan inte svara på inlägg i det här forumet
Du kan inte ändra dina inlägg i det här forumet
Du kan inte ta bort dina inlägg i det här forumet
Du kan inte rösta i det här forumet